Catherine has been reading through the book of JOB for her recent quiet times and we have had some interesting discussions around the character of Job.
Job is whining idiot! (Yes, you just read that correctly!)
IN THE OLD DAYS:
– I heard many a sermon preach on how faithful JOB was to God.
– Are they serious, the preachers who preached that message?
– Job, is pitiful.
– He moans and feels sorry for himself and curses the very day he was born.
– And we were told. Be like Job.
(Did preachers, really believe – that was the message?!)
– I was taught, his friends who were babbling fools giving insensitive advice.
BUT WHAT IS THE ACTUAL LESSON:
– The friends, actually, speak wisdom to Job. They call it as it is. (We all need friends like that.
– Maybe, the lesson from the book is – do not whine like JOB? Seriously, when last have you read that BOOK? It’s painful to hear all his sulking.
– The best part of that book is when God speaks to Job in chapter 38 with a serious of questions. That simply puts things in perspective.
– God is God. His ways are higher than ours.
Question – How will you respond when the
poo hits the fan?
Job – he didn’t too well. But how would you and I respond?
(I could expound more on the book of Job, but right now, it’s late, and my day is full tomorrow. Good Night world!)