Here are a few things I have learned along the way, in no particular order:
– There is so much to write about. So many various topics. I know that sounds obvious, but a lot of writers (me, included) somehow get stuck and are not sure to write about. Just open your eyes and your creative mind… There is a lot in and around us that we CAN write about.
– Write everyday. Even if it’s just half an hour a day. Manage your time. Fit it in. (Don’t let time manage you.)
– My girlfriend writes really well! (And NO, I’m not brown-nosing her 😉
– We all have a voice. God gave it to us. And when I say voice, I don’t just mean the audible action of speaking. Find your voice?
If you’re good at soccer. Go and play very well. That’s your voice!
If you’re good at baking. Be creative in what you bake. That’s your voice!
If you’re a good musician. Write us good songs. That’s your voice.
You get the idea, right?
– As writers, our voice are the words scattered upon pages and computer screens. Keep using your voice. Tell the world, a story!
Because stories, move people.
– One of my favourite quotes from Markus Zusak (is from his book: The Messenger)
“I didn’t know words could be so heavy.”
I like that a lot! Words can create and break down. (It is explained very well in the bible: James 3)
So use words, wisely.
Thanks again, for the great month of writing challenges. It’s been good to meet other bloggers and read their stuff.