When one goes hiking in the Drakensburg you will come across these along your trail:
They’re rock piles to “affirm” you that you are on the right track.
Today I ask you (and as we approach the end of another year), will your PAUSE and take stock of your life?
i) Are you where you’re supposed to be?
– We’re good at starting the year with “New Year’s Resolutions” however we don’t end the year, seeing how we did.
– It may be a painful experience but it is needed for us to grow, don’t you think?
ii) How have you changed in a positive way this year? Celebrate that.
– Well done for the change! We as people need to evolve into better people.
iii) How did you serve the world in some kind of way this year?
– A larger than life person is someone who lives outside themselves and gives of their talents and time to the world in need around us.
iv) How have you changed in a negative way this year? Why so?
– This will be difficult to do… but it is needed.
I look upon this year. I really hate it when i repeat the same mistakes. I want to be a better person.
For me, but more for my God, for my wife (that I will meet one day) and for my family and friends.
I can’t keep living in circles doing the same crap over and over.
I need to become better.
so I celebrate the good changes in me.
Yet, I need to be convicted and challenged to “leave behind” the stupid things I have done.
Repent and move forward.
How about you, are you where you’re supposed to be?